This Page

has been moved to new address

Blender Pancakes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Imperfect Homemaker: Blender Pancakes

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blender Pancakes







I mentioned in my post about grinding wheat in the blender that I would be trying out a recipe for blender pancakes and letting you know how it went.

Well, here it is!



 Ingredients: 
1 cup milk
3/4 cup whole wheat berries
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:  In a glass blender, blend milk and wheat berries for 4 minutes on high.  Add baking powder, brown sugar, eggs, and salt and blend for 1 minute on low.  Pour batter onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles form on the surface.  Flip pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.

Can I just say that this is great?!  I loved the fact that I used only 3/4 cup of my wheat berries rather than a whole bag like I used when I made bread!   (By the way, I ordered my wheat berries from Vitacost since you get a free $10 coupon when you create an account.)  The wheat berries ground up so much better when they were combined with a liquid, and the pancakes were delicious!  I also loved the fact that I could just dump everything into the blender and pour the batter directly onto the griddle.

I'll definitely be making these again!

  

This post may be linked to one of these parties.
Disclosure: The link in this post is my referral link.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home