This Page

has been moved to new address

Anti-Procrastination Challenge: Company's Comin'!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Imperfect Homemaker: Anti-Procrastination Challenge: Company's Comin'!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Anti-Procrastination Challenge: Company's Comin'!



Inviting guests over may come easier to some of you than it does to me.  I always have some reason why I don't want to have anyone over.  I love spending time with friends and family, but it just feels like it's going to be too much work to make it all happen.  The excuses come flying through my thoughts at an incredible rate.  "I don't have time to get my house as clean as I want it."  "Have you seen my living room?  It is in such serious need of re-decoration that I'm embarrassed to let anyone see it!"  "What in the world am I going to cook?  I don't have stuff on hand, and I really don't feel like going to the grocery store."

Let me tell you, whenever I just go ahead and invite somebody over, all of the excuses seem to take care of themselves.  I suddenly have motivation to get my house clean; we end up with something to eat (maybe nothing gourmet, but food nonetheless); and my living room does not get re-decorated.  But, I am always so glad I decided to just invite somebody regardless of my embarrassing living room.  Time spent with friends or family is so enjoyable, and as a bonus I get a clean house and a good meal out of the deal too! (Maybe one of these days I'll also end up with a re-decorated living room.)

Are you procrastinating on inviting someone over because you're waiting on your house to be perfect or you've mastered gourmet cooking?

You're missing out on some priceless times with people you love.

Just invite them!  Once you've obligated yourself, you'll suddenly find yourself motivated to get your house clean and cook a decent meal.

Are you going to take the challenge?

I'm letting my crockpot do the work for me as I wait for my guests to arrive.  They'll be here any minute.

When are yours coming?


This post may be linked to one of these parties.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Grandma said...

Was that for me? :)

March 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger MaryEllen@TheImperfectHomemaker said...

Nope. For me, but for you if you need it! :)

March 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home