This Page

has been moved to new address

Frugal Tip: Regrow Green Onions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Imperfect Homemaker: Frugal Tip: Regrow Green Onions

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Frugal Tip: Regrow Green Onions



Pin It
 
 

I have pinned a lot of things on Pinterest, but this is one of my favorite finds!  I love the added pizazz of green onions in recipes, but I hate paying for a pack of them and only using them one time.

Well, I saw somewhere on Pinterest that you can just put them in water and place them in a sunny window and they'll keep growing.  It works incredibly well!  They grow so quickly I think we could eat them for every meal and not run out!

At first I was afraid it was not going to work because the first day all the tops turned yellow and some of them wilted completely over.  Then I realized that the stalks were still nice and firm and that they were growing taller.  I just keep weeding out any that wilt and cut the yellowed tops off when I'm ready to use them.

Wow; this has saved me so much money!


This post may be linked to one of these parties.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home