This Page

has been moved to new address

Bread Machine Pizza Crust

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Imperfect Homemaker: Bread Machine Pizza Crust

Monday, February 20, 2012

Bread Machine Pizza Crust



 I love my bread machine.  I use it at least a couple times a week, usually to make dough of some sort.  It took me quite a while, though, to find recipes that worked well every time.  Sometimes a recipe would work great once, but the next time it would turn out awful.  It took me forever to find a pizza crust recipe that I liked, so I would often end up buying a mix.  I'd much rather make it homemade, so I was very happy when I found this recipe.  I have been using it all the time, and haven't had a bad batch yet! 


Ingredients:
1 cup lukewarm water
2 T milk
2 T olive oil
1 1/4 t. salt
1 T sugar
3 cups bread flour
2 t bread machine yeast



Run on dough cycle.  When the cycle is complete, roll out onto a large round pizza pan.  I like to use the kind with holes in the bottom.  The dough should not be terribly sticky, but you will still want to put a little cooking spray on your pan and on your hands as you roll it out.  After I roll out the crust, I like to put it over top of my oven vent while the oven preheats.  This gives the crust a chance to rise a little bit, and it also cooks the bottom of the crust ever so slightly so that it doesn't get soggy when you put the sauce on it.    Let it sit there for about 10 minutes, then top and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. 



This post may be linked to one of these parties.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

Is bread machine yeast different from the regular yeast?

February 20, 2012 at 7:37 PM  
Anonymous MaryEllen@TheImperfectHomemaker said...

It is basically just the fast rising kind of yeast. I have used regular yeast in this recipe before, and it works okay, but just doesn't rise quite as much.

February 21, 2012 at 5:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Sarah said...

Aren't bread machines wonderful?! :) I love making pizza crust in mine too. It's so easy! :)

February 21, 2012 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have never used a bread machine before. I will have to try that is forsure. Thanks for sharing and linking up!! Blessings

February 21, 2012 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

My bread machine is kneading as I write. If I could only have one appliance this is the one I would want my bread maker. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

February 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

Stopping by from the One project at a time... Tuesday Link Party! http://queenofsavings.com

February 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home