This Page

has been moved to new address

15 Independent Activities for One Year Olds

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Imperfect Homemaker: 15 Independent Activities for One Year Olds

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

15 Independent Activities for One Year Olds

I have been preparing for the coming homeschool year, and it dawned on me that I will have a one year old to keep busy during homeschool hours!  He is a busy guy too - always into everything.  I went on the hunt for some activities that will be safe for him to do without supervision.  I'm hoping these will be exciting enough to him that he will keep himself occupied for a while.  If the pictures are not self-explanatory, you can check out the link under each one to find tutorials on how to make these activities. 






Make your own texture book

Peek-a-boo tray from shoebox lid

Baby Play Bottle


Buckle clipping toy


Treasure baskets


Tissue box stuffed with fabric squares


Nesting bowls


Muffin tin sorting


Putting balls through a tissue box


Velcro board


Tearing Paper

Playing with magnets


Placing objects in a large container

Tactile exploration cards
Pipe cleaners in a bottle



If you have any more great ideas for activities that would fit this age group, please let us know in the comments! Be sure you're subscribed to email updates or follow me on Facebook to keep up with more posts like this one!

This post may be linked to one of these parties.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tegan said...

Awesome collection! I'm a studying Early Childhood Teacher, and these are definitely going to come in handy. Thanks for sharing!

January 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM  
Blogger Eva Joy said...

Yup, I'll use some of these! Hopefully it buys me some precious minutes with my homeschoolers! Thank you!

August 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I work with infants and are looking for activities for the ones who are 18 months.

September 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I work with infants and are looking for activities for the ones who are 18 months.

September 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love you activities!! I've been looking for things to do with my 13 months old. It's been cold and we haven't been able to go outside… i know i'm getting a little stir crazy. Thanks for the ideas!

Ashley
www.laughingwithashley.blogspot.com

January 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home