This Page

has been moved to new address

Sick Mommy With Toddlers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Imperfect Homemaker: Sick Mommy With Toddlers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick Mommy With Toddlers

Sick_Mommy
What do you do when you're sick but your ever-so-active toddlers are doing just dandy?! Here are some things that I do to make a sick day go as smoothly as possible.

  • Set simple goals. I don't kick myself if I don't do any laundry. Depending on how sick I am, I don't even let myself feel guilty if I don't cook supper. That's what frozen pizzas or canned soup are for.
  • Focus only on basic needs - feed the kids and change their diapers. Don't feel like you have to do any more than that.
  • Try to think of simple things to feed the kids that are easy to clean up. Peanut butter sandwiches aren't bad; all you need to do is put away the peanut butter, jelly, and bread and put the plates in the dishwashwer when they're done. No mess created; not too terribly difficult for momma.
  • Keep the kids in one room as much as possible. I put the kids in one of their bedrooms where they can play with toys. I sit in the chair or lay on my son's bed while they play. If I try to go to sleep in my own bedroom, they'll be all over the house doing who-knows-what. If I keep them in one room, they aren't able to be (terribly) destructive.
By doing these things, I am able to keep the kids from creating horrible messes that my husband will have to clean up when he comes home. It also helps keep me from getting depressed about having a messy house on top of being physically sick.


What are some things you would suggest to mothers of toddlers when they're sick?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home